Career Opportunities for Trainers
Training Professionals (Independent Contractors)
Jump to bottom to learn how to apply for this position
Imagine being able to focus on what you love—training others—and leaving all the logistics to someone else! At National Seminars Training, we make that possible: We create the content, do all the marketing, reserve meeting rooms and book all your travel and hotel rooms for you. What do you have to do? Prepare a great program and train.
Our on-site division, Enterprise Solutions, is a training industry leader providing clients with a strategic and innovative approach to on-site training and development. We partner with clients across the world including Fortune 500 corporations, small businesses, government agencies and not-for-profit organizations to deliver convenient and effective on-site training. Our solutions engage both the intellectual and emotional side of learning. Participants are fully engaged, learn in the context of their current job, enjoy a dynamic learning situation and become directly involved in skills that are readily transferrable to their current work situation so that they can sustain the learning over time. Our expert trainers deliver customized training, off-the-shelf tailored training, coaching and train-the-trainer certification to people in various industries.
Enterprise Solutions contract trainers are responsible for the delivery and facilitation of ELS training to our top-tier Fortune-level clients in key organizational performance areas. Trainers are carefully matched by expertise, complementary skill sets and delivery style to the training requirements of the client. Successful contract trainers work within the scope of their NST contract and collaborate with key members of our team as well as our key accounts to provide responsive solutions to organizational development needs. Our consultative and collaborative approach allows our team to develop a sound strategy with clear objectives and outcomes.
Key responsibilities and competencies:
- Ability to apply strategic thinking when working with key accounts to ensure linking of goals to training content
- Ability to use a variety of learning/training concepts, theories and practices, including incorporating adult learning principles into the training solution
- Ability to demonstrate facilitator-guided training that allows for extensive, in-depth discussion and experiential activities that involve all participants, apply directly to their actual work environment and immerse participants in the “total” learning experience
- An understanding of corporate etiquette and the ability to ask the right questions to understand true business needs
- Exceptional organizational skills, proactive mindset and flexibility in training style to ensure training needs of client are addressed, including ability to adjust training to meet client needs
- Ability to consult with key account leaders on training and performance improvement tools to ensure ongoing business with National Seminars Training
- Skills in information search and research, analytical and creative problem solving, questioning and feedback, and customer service orientation, along with a commitment to quality, responsibility and high work standards
- Ability to keep up to date on trends and developments in order to keep content current and relative
- Expert presentation skills with an advanced ability to facilitate meetings and classroom training
- Excellent one-on-one and group presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel extensively
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Human Resource Management, Education or Organizational Development or related field
- A minimum of five years of recent training and facilitation with expert presentation skills
- Experience in coaching and/or facilitating for all levels of audience
- Corporate business experience including business owner, executive, management
- Strong interpersonal skills, high-energy personality and the flexibility, adaptability and capability to “think on your feet”
- An established business entity—corporation, S-Corp., LLC or similar
For over 30 years we’ve been partnering with world-class trainers just like you to provide the best training in the industry! We’ve trained millions of people in the United States and around the globe. If you’d like to be considered for a trainer position, please email your resume and a link to a live demonstration of your facilitation skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in National Seminars Training—we hope to hear from you soon!