Do you struggle to keep up with changing tax laws? Are you 100% certain that your organization is paying the right amount of payroll taxes? It’s a tricky business, and one you can ill afford to mess up. Unless, of course, you don’t mind paying staggering penalties from the IRS.
That’s where Payroll Taxes 101 comes in. This course is designed to give you the foundation you need to understand the tricky world of payroll taxes, ensuring that you’re protecting yourself and your organization from costly penalties.
If you deal with payroll taxes and you’re not a CPA (and maybe even if you are), you won’t want to miss Payroll Taxes 101. Don’t take a chance and just assume you’re doing it correctly—know for sure.
Your Webinar Agenda Includes …
- Calculating state taxes for employees who work in one state and live in another
- What makes an employee’s W4 valid or invalid
- How and when an employee should submit a new W-4
- Changing state exemption statuses and additional requirements it creates for employers
- Calculating tax withholdings from bonus checks and miscellaneous earnings
- Pre-tax deductions and how they affect withholding
- How to calculate tax withholdings on deceased employees
- Calculating taxes when there are multiple checks in a pay period
- Penalties for miscalculations: what they are and how to avoid them
Q & A: Session
Upon enrolling in the webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to webinar participants.