Employee absenteeism is like a cold — it only takes one employee taking advantage of your policy for problems to spread through the entire organization. If you have an issue where someone is chronically late, excessively absent, or abusing your policy in any way, you need to nip it in the bud — now! But if employee absence is handled incorrectly, it can lead to charges of discrimination, harassment, or favoritism. And that not only causes poor morale among employees, it can even leave your organization vulnerable to legal penalties!
How to Handle Tricky Employee Absenteeism Problems teaches you how to create or update your attendance policy so it conforms to legal standards — and remains flexible enough to meet the demands of different departments or positions. You’ll discover how to not only recognize, but deal with patterns of abuse. And you’ll find out what disciplinary steps you can take even in the most sensitive situations. In one hour, we’ll answer all your questions — and help you come up with strategies for addressing the most common employee absenteeism problems.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Learn how to create or update your attendance policy so it conforms to legal standards
- Recognize and deal with patterns of abuse
- If you’ve never enforced a policy in the past, find out what steps you can take, without being accused of discrimination or harassment
- Create a policy that enables you to hold people to different attendance standards by department or position
- Enforce a policy with an employee is someone you want to retain: dealing with the employee who’s great — when at work!
- Legally terminate or discipline someone who doesn’t return from FMLA leave after 12 weeks, or who is on workers’ compensation leave
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to webinar participants.