If you ask 50 different people to draw a dog (even allowing for varying artistic abilities), you get 50 very different pictures. And it’s a rare person who asks for clarification, because everyone assumes they know what “draw a dog” means.
In the workplace, this unintended lack of clarity by the speaker and assumptions by the listener lead to confusion, misunderstanding, and mistakes. Communication is the single most important skill in any workplace. If you’re tired of struggling to get buy-in ... if you’re wondering why you’re always repeating directions ... if you feel like you and your team are sometimes in the dark, you don’t want to miss this webinar.
Secrets of Clear Communication is packed with unique ideas and examples to strengthen your communication.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- A plan of attack: identifying the goal of your communication
- The importance of simplicity and how to provide the necessary information without confusing the target
- The danger of assumption—why you should never assume something is clear and how to ensure that it actually is
- Industry jargon—when it’s OK and when to avoid it
- Expert tips for clarity in person, on the phone and in written messages
- 5 strategies for highlighting the key points and driving them home
- The importance of double-checking your tone to avoid misunderstandings
- Active listening techniques: the importance of listening in effective communication
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to webinar participants.