Ever watched a professional graphic designer work? It’s humbling—maybe even intimidating—to see the way they quickly manipulate bits of text and images using the latest software. However, despite this vast technical expertise, even they know they’re not just creating art. The brochures, newsletters, Web pages and catalogs they’re building have a job to do. And that job is to get people to stop, read, react, remember.
If you’re not a trained graphic designer but find yourself in the position of designing for your organization, you may be able to live without the latest design software. But knowing how to grab a reader’s attention—how to effectively move them through your piece—that’s essential!
Learn the fundamentals of great design in one easy hour. Register now for Inspired Design Basics for Non-Graphic Designers. Understand how to quickly and easily craft visually exciting, attention-grabbing documents that work.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Create a flow and balance that guides the reader through your document
- Ensure all elements of your design are in harmony
- How to capture your reader’s attention in 6 seconds or less
- How to use a dominant element, balance and proportion to create visual appeal
- Tips for making sure “scanners” don’t miss your key points
- Increase readability using headlines, subheads and other key elements
- Add interest to text-heavy pages with boxes, sidebars, screens and callouts
- Your secret weapon for easy-to-read documents? White space!
- Select and appropriately use color, photos, charts, graphics and more
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to webinar participants.