When you’re trying to fill a job opening, your focus is on finding the best candidate. It’s easy to make small missteps in your job postings and interviews—missteps that can turn off good people … make the job or your organization look less than amazing ... or worse, be unintentionally discriminatory.
Recruiting effectively—and legally—is vital to the future of your organization. And it means getting all those little things right.
Create appealing job postings that help you entice and filter applicants. Perfect your interviewing to steer clear of bias and build your organization’s reputation as a great place to work. Our newest, one-hour Webinar Legalities of Job Postings and Hiring Processes covers it all. Sign up! We’ll help you take a step-by-step look at, and strengthen, your hiring.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Write a legally sound, thorough job description that clarifies the must-haves, weeds out the poor fits and entices the superstars
- How seemingly innocent words like “energetic” and “experienced” can get you into trouble
- Legal risks when using social media in your hiring process
- Language to include in all job postings to keep you legally covered
- Examine your recruitment process to be sure you’re not inadvertently discriminating
- ADA ... OFCCP ... EEO ... FCRA ... the fair hiring laws you must know
- What you can and cannot ask candidates during the hiring process
- The basics of pre-employment testing: What is—and is not—allowed
- What you need to know about background checks
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.