If the complex and rapidly changing sales and use tax regulations have left you in the dust, you’re not alone. With roughly 10,000 different state and local tax jurisdictions in the U.S.—and a steady stream of new tax rulings—it’s hard to keep up. Some businesses are overpaying. Some are putting themselves at a competitive disadvantage by collecting sales taxes when they don’t need to. Others don’t know the rules and are risking audits.
If your business operates in multiple cities or states, it’s critical that you understand the evolving sales and use tax regulations.
Sales & Use Tax is an all-new, one-hour Webinar that covers the basics and catches you up on what’s new. It condenses the complex and easily misunderstood rules of sales and use tax compliance. Find out about exemptions. Make sure you’re not overpaying. Know your tax obligations. And save yourself as much as you can! Financial professionals, sign up now.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Understand substantial business presence and know if your company meets the requirements to register and remit sales tax
- Know the little-known scenarios that cause a state to determine that you need to register and pay sales tax
- Don’t overpay! Find out how to measure the cost basis for use tax
- Learn how reciprocity can help minimize tax liability
- Know how to prepare and face a sales and use tax audit with confidence
- Understand absorption and how it can be used as a pricing tool in some states
- Find out how nexus affects your obligations to register and pay sales taxes in a state
- Identify exemptions your company may qualify for that can help lower tax obligations
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.