Are there unique pressures for women in leadership today? Absolutely. Leadership—for anyone—comes with challenges. But in some work environments, being a woman in a leadership role takes extra finesse, thick skin ... and a little insider information.
If you had a favorite aunt as your career mentor, she’d give you the kind of advice you need to be a successful leader. She’d tell you about how to keep from undermining your own credibility. She’d share tips on standing out in meetings and overcoming female stereotypes. She’d give you the secrets to saying “no” and let you in on the best ways to win respect.
Crucial Leadership Skills for Women is like a chat with that favorite aunt. This one-hour Webinar shares some basic leadership tips and some special advice ... woman-to-woman. Sign up and make the most of your leadership opportunities.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- The labels female leaders are given—and how to keep them from holding you back
- 5 key challenges faced by every woman in leadership sooner or later
- Keeping an eye out for new opportunities to take risks—and take charge
- How to separate being liked from being respected
- How to stop talking too fast, apologizing, over-explaining—and making other credibility-robbing mistakes
- Getting heard in meetings: Pounding the table won’t work, but these tips will
- How to say “no” when appropriate—without sounding like the “Queen of Mean”
- Face and conquer the reasons your emotions sometimes get in the way
Q & A Session:
Upon enrolling in the Webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from Webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the Webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to Webinar participants.