As a manager, you know how uncomfortable performance appraisals can be — both for you and your people. But did you know that an effective performance appraisal is one of your most powerful tools for developing better relationships, increasing motivation and improving performance?
In this remarkable audio program, you’ll learn how to give honest, meaningful performance appraisals that will make your employees feel like they’re part of the process, not victims of circumstance. You’ll discover essential communication techniques for resolving conflicts and offering criticism. You’ll see how to deal with employees who aren’t quite working up to their potential. And you’ll learn to help your people feel good about themselves and strive to achieve their “personal best.”
Here’s a sample of what you’ll learn …
- Tell the difference between authoritative management and participative management.
- Use the “insertion” technique to soften the blow of negative feedback.
- Tell what your employees really want from their jobs.
- Use the seven different performance appraisal systems — and choose the one that’s right for
- Use reflective, open-ended and directive questions during an appraisal.
- Recognize the importance of “catching your employees doing something good” and rewarding them for it.