Ever been in a situation at work where you “lost it” — whether you got angry, started to cry, felt your face flush crimson, said something you regretted, or said nothing at all and then were mad at yourself the rest of the day because of it?
If you’re like most professionals, you’ve been there, done that, and wished you’d handled the situation a lot differently.
That’s why we’ve developed How to Manage Emotions & Excel Under Pressure. This phenomenal new workshop is designed specifically to arm you with the skills you need to maintain emotional control at work — and to manage the negative emotions of others. Never again will frustration, anger, anxiety, tears, or disappointment damage your professional relationships, tarnish your reputation, or ruin your job satisfaction.
Say Good-bye to Second-Guessing Yourself — and Save Time and Energy
How much valuable time do you waste wondering if you could have reacted more professionally, if you should have said something else — and would have, if only you’d known how to respond differently — or if you should have kept your mouth shut altogether? Attend this powerful workshop and you’ll have at your fingertips the perfect response to emotionally charged situations, ready to bring you positive results every time.
Overcome Self-Defeating Reactions — and Watch Your Career Soar!
You’ll discover which emotions could be holding back your career, which ones stress you out most, and how to harness these emotions so they’ll no longer sabotage your success. You’ll also learn simple tools and exercises for changing how you react to hot-button issues that can trigger your negative emotions.
What’s more, you’ll master step-by-step how-to’s for dealing with typical workplace situations, like when a co-worker lashes out at you or makes a snide remark … when an employee you’ve just fired cries … when you’re berated by a customer … or unfairly criticized by your supervisor.
Handle Emotionally Charged Situations Confidently and Professionally
Obviously, we can’t promise you’ll never feel angry or frustrated at work again. You will — that’s a given. But after you attend this workshop, you’ll be equipped with the skills you need to turn those intense emotions into positive energy, which is guaranteed to give you better results in every exchange with others.
Why let your emotions control you when you can learn to control them — in just
one day? Enroll today and expect to look back on your day of learning as a turning point in your life.
I. Understanding the Emotions That Hold You Back
- The positive and negative effects of emotions in the workplace
- Changing how you respond, even when your mind doesn’t want to
- How to neutralize paralyzing emotions
- Overcoming tears, anger, rage, and self-pity
- Getting your point across without losing control
II. Preparing for Confrontation and Other Tough Situations
- Getting to the real issues – defining the problem
- 7 principles for maintaining positive relationships during disagreements
- Building a trust framework
- 4 steps for getting beyond the fear of confrontation
- The top 5 times when you shouldn’t confront
- What to do when you face the impossible
III. Navigating Your Way Through Conflict
- Understanding the 4 causes of conflict AND how to defuse them
- 10 conflict-resolution skills everyone should know
- How to deal with conflict-related stress
- 5 emotional myths that handicap your conflict-resolution style
- The 3-step A.C.E. method of conflict resolution
- 3 growth opportunities conflict offers and how to benefit from them
IV. How to Deal With Others’ Negative Emotions
- 7 keys to richer relationships
- How-to’s for dealing with back-stabbing, gossip, and resentment
- Active listening skills guaranteed to give you the upper hand
- Constructive confrontation for when the other guy is mad
- Coping with crisis – even when everyone loses control
- Minimizing antagonistic behavior
V. Communication Skills for Dealing With Emotionally Charged Situations
- The 3 C’s of conflict communication
- 4 keys to direct communication, and some habits you may want to break
- Improving your indirect communication
- Savvy speaking skills for getting through tense situations
- How to resist the “hardball” tactics that shut down communication
VI. Dealing With the Big “A”: Anger
- Understanding the three dimensions of anger
- 4 facts you must know about anger
- The 4-stage anger management strategy
- 3 ways to deal with anger appropriately
- Unacknowledged anger: what to do with a ticking time bomb
VII. Achieving Emotional Balance for Phenomenal Success
- A 5-step process for reclaiming your self- esteem
- Self-talk: Could what you’re telling yourself be getting you nowhere?
- Stress and burnout: How to keep them at bay
- How-to’s for handling your emotions in every situation
Dealing With Stress on
The Great American Career Killer
The special section of this workshop agenda deals with how to handle the stressful situations that come at us every day.
You’ll learn how to cope, handle, and work through high-stress situations so that you come out on top every time. You’ll get more done, be happier on the job, AND be the envy of everyone in your office!
- Discover the critical keys to making sound decisions, even under intense pressure
- Find out if there is a perfectionist working in your office – maybe right behind your desk – and how to change that
- Learn unique time-management techniques guaranteed to add hours to your day
- Use easy delegation techniques that “clone” you and multiply your effectiveness
- Find out if they’re asking too much of you and what you can do about it
- Are you agreeable or dependable? Confusing the two can spell disaster – find out here
- How to use the stress-management strategy of “coping” on and off the job
You don’t have to be a victim of day-to-day job stressors anymore. When you attend this powerful, life-changing session, you’ll have even greater control of your emotions, be more successful, and most importantly, you’ll have less stress!