Get the essential “people skills” you need
to get phenomenal leadership results!
Your “people skills” absolutely make or break your success
as a leader.
Want proof? Time and again, research on leadership confirms that an employee’s direct supervisor has a greater impact on job satisfaction than anything else. In fact, in a study of 20,000 exit interviews, most employees didn’t leave their jobs because of low pay, lack of advancement or lousy benefits, but because of their supervisor.
Give yourself a competitive edge that will put you head and shoulders above the rest.
Interpersonal know-how is the key to your success
Bottom line: Your effectiveness as a leader hinges on the strength of your interpersonal skills, your ability to build solid working relationships with others and your ability to communicate well with them. That’s why Interpersonal Effectiveness for Leaders is such essential training for you if you’re serious about maximizing your leadership potential, improving your results and becoming the kind of leader others are eager to follow.
Master proven communication skills in two short days
The course spans two days, which means you don’t just learn about proven communication techniques and strategies, you get a chance to practice them, master them and make them your own. Because contrary to popular belief, great people skills aren’t something you’re born with — they’re techniques you can learn, just like any other leadership skill you’ve mastered in the past.
Here’s what this crucial training will mean to you:
- Fewer behavior issues and attitude problems to deal with
- Increased productivity and efficiency as communication improves
- Higher morale
- Stronger relationships with those up and down the ladder
- Greater respect for you as your leadership know-how really begins
Build the interpersonal skills you need to achieve the leadership success and respect you deserve
For the small investment of two days of your time, you’ll gain know-how that will bring you success for years to come. You may well look back on this program as the pivotal event that changed the course of your leadership career.
I. Must-Have Interpersonal Skills for Today’s Leaders
Your interpersonal skills can fuel your leadership success or hold you back professionally. This opening session helps you identify strengths you can build on and weaker areas you can specifically plan to improve upon during this course. Find out how to project confidence as a leader — and to establish immediate rapport.
- Why your “people skills” will make or break your leadership success in today’s complex workplace
- How do you “come across” to others? Find out!
- Identifying your leadership style:
- Pinpointing your interpersonal strengths and weaknesses as a leader
- Interpersonal tendencies and speech habits that may be sabotaging your leadership success
- Recognizing your communication style and exploring other styles
- Tips for communicating effectively with those whose styles differ from yours
- Projecting the image of a confident leader with your body language and nonverbal cues
- What to say and do to make a powerful first impression as a confident, capable leader
- Small-talk secrets – How-to’s for making immediate connections with people you don’t know in work-related social settings
- SKILLS PRACTICE: Networking techniques every successful leader knows
II. Communication How-to’s for Getting Phenomenal Results Through Your Employees
Communicating effectively with your employees is the key to boosting productivity, increasing efficiency, reducing turnover and making conflict a rare event rather than routine. This crucial session provides you with proven tools for building stronger working relationships with your team members — for amazing results.
- What do employees really want from you as a leader? The answer may surprise you
- Assertive Communication for Leaders 101: A primer
- Guidelines for giving constructive feedback in a way that results in positive behavior change — not defensiveness or resentment
- How to harness the unlimited power of sincere praise and make it work for you
- Tips for building stronger working relationships with your employees
- Steps for giving crystal-clear directions that can’t be misunderstood
- Techniques for keeping the lines of communication open between you and your employees
- How to make employees and peers feel valued and important in
- Your secret weapon that guarantees a stronger team: Active listening skills
- Keys to making performance reviews
a productive exchange — instead of a wasted exercise you and employees both dread
- SKILLS PRACTICE: Assertive responses to use with employees in various common situations you face as a leader
III. Your Role in Dealing With Difficult People
and Resolving Conflict
Difficult people and conflict situations can put even the strongest interpersonal skills to the test. But left unchecked, unresolved conflicts and difficult people run amok will land your team or department in continual chaos. Find out step
by step how to take the lead in handling difficult people and a variety of
- Recognizing how your attitudes, behaviors and moods set the tone each day for your staff
- Top 12 difficult personalities in
the workplace and how to deal effectively with each one
- Taking the lead in eliminating negative attitudes — and how to go about it
- How-to’s for identifying and heading off employee problems early on
- Keys to facing confrontation calmly, confidently and head-on
- A proven 3-step method for resolving any type of conflict
- What’s your role when two employees refuse to get along?
- Calming tactics to defuse potentially explosive situations
- Words and phrases that should never leave your lips during confrontations with employees
- Tips for staying in control and keeping your anger in check
- SKILLS PRACTICE: Using scripts to navigate difficult leadership situations
IV. Have It Your Way: Win-Win Techniques for Persuading, Influencing and Negotiating
Your final session focuses on skills that take your leadership effectiveness to
a higher level in your organization. With the techniques you’ll master, you’ll know how to gain willing cooperation from employees, earn support for your ideas from top brass, stand out in meetings and negotiate successfully for what you need.
- How to get your point across assertively, rather than timidly or aggressively
- Master the sound bite: Easy steps
for persuading others with a clear, concise message
- Why you must avoid a “my-way-or-the-highway” approach — and
what to do instead to gain willing cooperation from employees
- How-to’s for presenting your views in meetings in a way that earns support
- Avoiding common mistakes that doom your negotiation efforts
- How much should you be willing
to “give” when you’re negotiating
- Keys to winning over an adversary — and your options if you can’t
- Proven strategies for persuading employees to accept change
- SKILLS PRACTICE: Making a dynamic impression when offering your ideas