How to Excel at Managing and Supervising People (2-Day)
Two days full of vital skills you need to successfully handle all your supervisory challenges
|Price: $299.00 per person
|Live Seminar Date and Location:
Hampton Inn Eastchase
7651 Eastchase Parkway
Montgomery, AL 36117
|Date: September 17, 2018 &
September 18, 2018
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
|Additional Dates/Locations in Your Area:
- September 19, 2018 | Birmingham, AL | Details
In How to Excel at Managing and Supervising People, you’ll learn ...
- To speak ... write ... communicate — clearly and tactfully
- To make the skills of today’s best supervisors second nature
- How to deal quickly and professionally with every performance problem
- To give criticism in a way that creates positive behavior — not resentment
- And much more!
Here’s the bottom line: To succeed in your expanding role, you’ve got to get in tune with the times ... and keep one step ahead of the changes. That means continually updating your skills and seeking out all the freshest ideas, latest strategies and cutting-edge techniques you can get your hands on. That’s where this intensive, hands-on workshop comes in. In just two days, you’ll get the most up-to-the-minute information and exciting discoveries available on how to manage change, motivate, discipline, delegate, inspire, problem solve ... all the critical skills you need to succeed as a supervisor.
Add leadership to your repertoire of skills
- Your leadership style: What’s good about it? What needs work?
- Firsthand advice on becoming a role model everyone looks up to
- How to give direction (not orders) so others jump into action
- Moving from the details to the big picture—a leadership must
- Serious about getting more done? It’s simple—delegate!
- Boss vs. buddy: Which are you to employees?
- What great leaders do to get people to follow
- Use the power of assertiveness to open lines of communication and get things done
Wear all your supervisory hats successfully
- Avoid the 5 things that can derail even experienced supervisors
- Telecommuting, job sharing, flextime: What the books won’t tell you about managing today’s employees
- How to communicate the benefits of technology—rather than dwell on the problems
- Close the generation gap! How to get Boomers, Gen Xers—everyone—to work together
- Are you a leader still trapped in a boss’s mentality?
- Becoming a diversity champion—here’s where it all begins
Positive ways to inspire, guide and lead
- Steps to conducting performance evaluations that improve behavior and morale
- Know which buttons to push to get employees to give their all
- Why supervisors often fail when giving criticism
- What’s personality got to do with performance? Plenty!
- The hidden reasons behind why employees do what they do—performance problems solved!
- Ways bosses actually discourage employees from working harder
- Discover what employees need and expect from you
Manage unwanted behaviors and attitudes
- Dealing appropriately with drugs, alcohol and other sticky personnel issues
- 6 ways to get problem employees to change
- Stop butting heads with employees who challenge you, know everything or dominate
- Transforming “can’t do” attitudes to “can do”
- Lighting a fire under the employee who’s nice—but lazy
- The rules of managing people are changing—what you need
to know and do now
- Zap negativity ... before it spreads out of control
Take command of the creative process
- Good-bye status quo: How to make new ideas part of every employee’s job description
- Stuck on a stubborn problem? Innovative ways to find a quick solution
- Does your work environment encourage—or squelch—innovation?
- How to fit “dream space” into your employees’ workday
- How to train your brain to think in new and profitable ways
- Beyond the suggestion box—idea-generating tactics that work like magic
Communicate like a leader
- Business writing tips you can use now to make sure your memos and email messages get your point across
- Become aware of credibility-robbing speech habits—and eliminate them
- Deliver bad news, say “No,” turn down requests—with tact
- Develop radar that instantly detects when people misunderstand you
- Listening how-to’s that make it easy to connect with others
- Communication traits employees look for and admire in a leader
- Ever get the feeling your feedback goes in one ear and out the other? Here’s the solution
Recruit, hire and develop great employees
- Money’s the secret to getting good employees to stay—wrong!
- Interviewing strategies for avoiding bad hires that cost time and money
- Inside the exit interview: The real reasons why employees move on
- The pros and cons of making counteroffers when employees resign
- Recruiting and hiring the best—an expertise supervisors can and must develop
Coach employees through change and transition
- Positive ways to present change to employees—and relieve anxiety
- Your best options when employees don’t see change the way you do
- Poorly managed organizational change: Do you recognize the telltale clues?
- Kid-glove techniques for helping employees see opportunity—not threat—in change
- Put yourself in their shoes: 7 hard facts about how employees really feel about change
Essential supervisory tools to master now
- How to define and organize priorities and accomplish more than ever
- What to do to detect—and stop—employees who are fooling around on the Web and with email
- Self-management habits the most successful supervisors practice daily
- Maximizing the Internet ... a supervisor’s best friend
- Managing deadlines, time, projects and priorities: Why make it harder than it has to be?
Plan your professional future
- Smart tips for attracting the favorable attention from higher-ups that you deserve
- What drives today’s most successful supervisors? The answers revealed
- Questions to ask yourself to put your job ... your career ... your future into focus
- Got the blahs? How to get—and stay—motivated on the road to supervisory success